In completing and submitting this application, I declare that I am authorising ServePoint Pty Ltd (ABN 82 602 393 073) to submit an ABN application on my behalf to the ATO (Australian Tax Office), and if required, to process and submit an application for Business Name registration with ASIC (Australian Securities & Investment Commission).
- At the time of the application that all information provided in completing this form is, to the best of my knowledge, true and correct
- I understand the best structure for my business For example: Sole Trader, Company, Partnership, Trust or Superannuation Fund
- This application is submitted under, and is compliant with, the terms and conditions of the ASIC Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
- I have the TFN, date of birth and name, OR name, address and date of birth for all key people in my business
- I believe I am entitled to an ABN and I am not applying just because I have been asked to get an ABN as a condition of employment and if requested, I can provide evidence that I am entitled to an ABN
- I meet a number of the key characteristics of a business, or will once started, eg: I source my own clients; I can delegate my work to others if I choose; I invoice for my work and set my rate of pay; I have a bank account for the business separate from my own bank account; I am responsible for my own public liability, professional indemnity and/or workers compensation/income protection insurance; I have taken real steps to start my business, or I am running an enterprise or I am a Corporations Act company
- I am not disqualified from managing corporations under Section 206B (1) of the Corporations Act 2001.
- The proof of identity (POI) information I provide will be validated against other sources such as ATO tax records and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) companies register. If these details don't match, my application won't proceed and I'll be asked to provide alternate POI information to avoid the application being refused.
- Once my ABN is approved, I understand that I must keep it up to date (within 28 days of any change) and cancel it once I am no longer trading or carrying on an enterprise.
- Within the last 5 years I have not been convicted of, or released from prison after being convicted of, and serving a term of imprisonment for, any of the criminal offences referred to in Section 32(1)(c) or (d) of the Business Names Registration Act 2011.
- Penalties of up to $12,600 can apply for each false or misleading statement made in an ABN application